Monday, October 25, 2010

Almost Gone

well...been awhile since i've posted.I was in such a drugged fog,Joan had to fill in for me. I'M BACK! It's been slow progress in terms of PT.I can't move my leg on my own while in bed,but using a walker,I can..sorta move it..but still,it's progress. We've had to stay 2 more days here than necessary because of "communications breakdown" (a zep fav),but hopefully,today's the day...or I"m gonna walk home. I got to see myself for the first time yesterday,as it was the first trip into our bathroom for a shampoo,sponge bath,and a look into the giant mirror...freaked! Wildman from the woods of Quantico.I'm ready for halloween. My leg scar is healing nicely,although a bit shocked at the size of the femur they removed...should be fun at airports.The phone calls and Emails have been a true Godsend..There have been soooo many.thankyou everyone I have never felt so much love.I love you all so much. As far as what lies ahead,I am still in search mode,but have a very strong pull towards Mr Bill's route...Mexico.I think the degree at which I am exposed might preclude the NIH route.If I do go to Mexico,it will be very soon.I can't wait much longer.Today we're hopeful to be transported to Health South Rehab in Salisbury,maybe there for 5-7 days,then....Mexico.More later,Rick

4 comments:

  1. Mexico in the winter months...sounds like a good idea. Easy does it wild man of Quantico. Love and safe travel back home. Sheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so good to read YOUR blog, writen by YOU!
    Hope you are back in Salisbury..
    We will come to see you, as soon as you say "OK-come see me"..
    Thank God that you are on the mend..Love you, soooo much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Uncle Rick! Mexico sounds great. When Mom was first diagnosed with ovarian cancer this summer, lots of people suggested Mexico. We kept it as an option if her surgery did not work. She was blessed to be very responsive and she is now in remission. We've never been to Mexico, but much as I would have like to have gone, I am happy she didn't need it!

    She loves a book called The Cancer-fighting Kitchen. She follows it religiously and they say it had much impact on her strength and recovery. Lots of healthy eating to boost your white blood cells, etc. At this point (her last chemo is in two weeks), she hopes to never eat broccoli again ...

    Thinking of you and praying for you from afar! Robin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rick....so nice to see you're writing! Wild man from Quantico! I'm glad you are closer to home. You are in my thoughts and prayers every day. Would love to come visit with you when you're up for it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for checking in!