Saturday, December 11, 2010

The healing continues...

Some interesting political posters





No recycling containers anywhere.




Rick, waiting his turn at the radiation clinic.
So I ended up having the endoscope, it went easier than I expected. The whole procedure took only 20 minutes. Joan now has images of my ulcer downloaded on the computer for all of posterity. My best guess is that I have had it for quite a while - possibly from the Celebrex my GP gave me for "muscle pain." (Warning, never take Celebrex!) Meanwhile they are still trying to raise my red blood cell count from 8 to 10. As I write this there is a pint of blood dripping into me. Curioser and curioser, I figure I am now part Mexican as well as Irish and Lebanonese. I still have some dizziness, but I am getting stonger everyday.
I know I've mentioned it already but we have a wonderful sunny courtyard here that I have been sitting out in everyday. Our friends Kaye and Lloyd will arrive tomorrow to celebrate their anniversary with us. They got married at our house many years ago. How wonderful is that? And as a bonus while they're here the temps are expected to be in the 80s.
Two sessions of radiation treatment remain, they end on Tues. and will be followed by a CAT scan to determine my progress. This will help to determine future events and I must admit being a little nervous.
I feel all your love and prayers. Our spirits are good. Some have asked if specific prayers are needed. I ask that you pray for Everyone with cancer, not just me. I feel an abundance and I would like to share.
Love to you all, Rick




1 comment:

  1. Hi Joan and Rick ,
    I was just told about this blog via Lisa of Calliope farm . I am not sure if you are aware of this place but thought I should share it, just in case it is helpful . Have you heard of the Chrysalis Center in Wilmington De . (Dr Alan Tillotson ) www.OneEarthHerbs.com It may be useful to your healing journey .If there is anything that I can do to help, please let me know. I will hold you and your family in our prayers . :)Sharonand KC Carson

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for checking in!