Tuesday, December 7, 2010

...well I'm back on the blog...finally!

Graffiti is universal

Little taco stands EVERYWHERE






A merman

(Joan snapped these pics in the short time she gets out each day.)

It's been awhle since I've posted,but there's a reason.Lots going on.My body has gone through some very interesting changes (as my dear friend Bill Rolig will attest to...as he went through similar changes). All the different formulas that they've been putting in us - through us, on a daily basis has different effects on different people.In my case,I have gotten really weak,dizzy to the point of losing my balance,and as such,pretty much confined to movement in the wheelchair.My blood pressure went down to 90/50, so they started me on transfusion (packs of blood) to bring my levels up. They also thought I had an ulcer,which may be part of the problem.Today they wanted to scope me to be sure.I talked them into giving me one more day,which proved to be fruitful, as I got better, enabling me to cancel it altogether.So they are making other changes in application of some of the drips(part of our daily 6-8 bags we get.)Currently,my BP is 100/60 and rising,My norm is usualy 110/70.The dizziness persists,as it did with Bill until a coupleweeks after arriving back home. Things WILL return to normal. My leg that was causing me some very intense pain due to the radiation,has subsided to acceptable limits now,and I should be able to get back to some meaningful PT soon,as well. Don't know what the "popping" sound was, but my back was better in a few days. All-in-all,nothing that can't be dealt with.

As far as daily life here...not all that bad,especially since I have Joan here..without whom,my life would be majorly,significantly,terribly different.She is,as I've said many,many times,my true angel.We have a daily routine that keeps us quite busy,and still have time to sit out on the deck by the pool in the 70's,catching rays,chatting with folks from around the globe..lots of Amish...where do they come from??? Their WHOLE family comes with the one person for treatment.Oh well,not so bad if you think about it.

Thanks sooo much to all the folks sending reads and movies...and especially the organic chocolate for my woman.We'll be watching a flick whilst eating some of those goodies sent to us tonight,in fact. Oh,and we have our very own Christmas decorations in our room.The nurses love them,and comment every time they come in to our room. Some of the other daily occurances: Trains with very loud whistles blowing off between 4:00 and 6:00 every morning..EVERY morning;a cat crying 3-4 times loudly EVERY morning at about 3:30 a.m.;police,etc sirens...evenings;and guard dogs from the complex next door,barking late night,early morning. But,other than that,things down here in Tijuana Town are just about fine!love to all of you.Keep them prayers and love coming.We love you all....Rickster



4 comments:

  1. Good to hear from you again... you gotta peep rootin' for ya in Fort Washington.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ya, the weird sounds from another place. I remember being annoyed by some in Bali, like roosters way too early...but then it turns into a fond memory :) I know you know what I'm sayin, having been around the world yourself. That graffiti reminded me of some I saw in Bethlehem and Jerusalem a few weeks ago in October. I couldn't stop the taxi, but wanted to snap photos really badly!
    enjoy the movies! krista ((love)) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Rick....when you are used to living in the beautiful country home-Pirates Wharf, all those city noises can seem so loud and never ending. You will be home to your peace and quiet soon. One more thing to look forward to. Oh and I had a Ceasar salad last week Saturday night at a very nice resturant-in your honor. I even snapped a photo but the darn thing is lost in my computer! I hope it doesn't go bad and stink up my computer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there Joan and Rick, It's Kitty. Your eldest cousin in Santa Fe. Di sent your blog and websites and I just had a chance to read them. You two are amazing people. I knew Joan was a very special person when she was born so I knew you must've been special for her to share her life with you ... Have a joyful and blessed holiday season. Stay warm. Love, Kitty

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for checking in!