Wednesday, December 1, 2010

One day up, one day down - by Joan

I love Mexican tiles.


The real thing.

Neon art on the wall of a mini-cafe


Needs no interpretation



Rick resting peacefully.
Well it seems to be "one day up and one day down" here at our home away from home. Today is a down one. While changing his shirt this morning Rick heard another "pop" sound from his back and he was in immediate pain. The nurses came running and gave him close-to-instant relief. It is now 2:30 in the afternoon and he has been sleeping pretty much all day...which means that I have been pretty much watching him sleep all day.
Rick hopes to be blogging again soon.




3 comments:

  1. Hi Joanie~ glad you checked in with us! it can be lonely being the partner , the companion, the advocate. Rick is lucky to have such a caring loving wife as you! You are still in our thoughts and prayers ! much love from me and i know many others! Krista

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joan, our warrior. When are you coming home?
    love, nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you all (Alyssa too) often and finally getting to the computer for other than work. No doubt you've heard it cold in this neck of the woods. And, as my friend Steve Farr likes to say, "it's good to be warm when it's cold". I hope you are warm! Dad struggled with being cold all the time from meds.

    My chickens surprised me over the weekend. I discovered they were laying eggs in the bunny hutch, where the rabbit sleeps at night. I watched the chicken go inside and opened the lid from the top and found a few eggs I picked them out of the straw and found a few more. I think I stopped counting at 24. No wonder I was only getting a couple a day in the chicken hutch. They were hiding their stash. Of course, this was the same bunny that hid her babies from me and you can imagine my surprise when I discovered them in the straw and counted 7. My friend Lyssa, who at the time kept her 2 boy bunnies (they were all suppose to be boys)came to check when I went off to work, and counted 15 baby bunnies. 2 girls and one boy bunny. Now my bunny lives alone with the chickens.
    Don't mind my rambling...just want to stay in touch and hope you are somewhat amused. love kate

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for checking in!